What we’re about
The mission of PM World is to further the careers of project managers, program managers, project coordinators, and those who aspire to these positions.
For a colorful gallery of PMW major pages, visit
For an overview of PM World Member and Corporate Services see
Benefits of basic (no-cost) membership:
- • Outstanding networking with hundreds of project and program managers
• Career-enhancing webinars and in-person events
• Ability to RSVP for webinars and in-person events
• Ability to suggest events
• Personal page where you can post your bio, photo/avatar, website and more
• Ability to blog on this site
• Ability to friend other members and exchange messages
• Ability to join any of the special interest groups
Premium Members enjoy these additional benefits:
- • Special career and networking events for premium members only
• All entry fees to webinars and face-to-face events (excluding food costs)
• Free admission to the 7 Steps to Project Management Success course
• Free admission to PM Skills for all Careers course
• Free copies of PM World books including PM Skills for All Careers
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- IIL PMP Exam PrepNeeds location
The International Institute for Learning is a Project Management World Partner. IIL will provide you with a $700 discount and PMW with a grant for each person from PMW who registers for this class.
List Price: $2,350 (SAVE $700)
Discounted Price: $1,650 with code PMWORLD
Follow this link to register and use the discount code.
Dates: Monday, December 11 - Friday, December 15, 2023
Times: 5:30 AM - 1:30 PM PST
Delivery Method: Connect Live Virtual
IIL is a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Authorized Training Partner (Premier Level).
Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace.
This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam. The knowledge you gain in this course will help you increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
- Event at PATCA: PATCA New Consultants' Roundtable Lunch OnlineLink visible for attendees
Project Management World partners with PATCA to promote events.
To register go to: https://www.meetup.com/professional-technical-consultants-association-patca/events/kpxthtyfcqbpb/
The link to join the event will be visible on the PATCA Meetup after you have registered there.
Are you thinking about becoming a consultant? Are you consulting now and want to reposition your business? Then this is the Meetup for you. Learn how to enter or position your Consulting Business in a professional manner. Let us help you get started or move your business forward. There is no charge for this meeting.
Seasoned members of PATCA (The Professional and Technical Consultants Association) will lead a monthly roundtable meeting to discuss ideas of interest to those just starting in Consulting or Independent Contracting.
This will be an online meeting till meetings can be held in person.
The Format is as follows:
- First, there will be a quick round of introductions by those in attendance.
- Next, there will be a 15 to 20-minute focused discussion around a specific topic related to starting an independent contractor business.
- Then there will be an open discussion focused on what the group can do to help your business.
SPECIFIC TOPIC FOR TODAY:
o How to decide which Service to Focus On for your services
- Do you want to change your Business Focus at this time?
- What do you really want to do? Can you keep it up for the long run?
- What kind of people do you want to interact with?
- Is anyone else offering this service?
- Focus as best you can on a Market Niche, Narrow, but not too Narrow
- Look at what your competitors feature as a service - Try the Internet or Craigslist, or PATCA or IEEE CNSV or IMC to check it out.
- Think of a potential service, then "shop it around" to see how friends and associates familiar with the niche receive it.
- Do you want to really keep learning in this area? "Sharpen the Saw"
MEETING COST AND SIZE LIMIT
Currently, online meetings are free of cost.
Attendance is limited to 15 persons, so sign up right away if you wish to attend.
The Leader of this Roundtable will be:
Carl Angotti, President of Angotti Product Development, long-time Sr.
Certified Professional Consultant of PATCA, and current Board member. He is also a former Chair and Board Member of the Consultants' Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV).
For further Information, please contact Carl Angotti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forming PMW local Silicon Valley ChapterBackyard Brew, Palo Alto, CA
PMW is centered in the area in and around Silicon Valley, CA. More than half of the members live or work in or near these cities.
It it time to form a local chapter that meets only in person - no online meetings. (The other half live elsewhere in California, in other states, and in other countries. For those members, online events are needed.)
The kickoff meeting is in a cool coffee shop that most people never notice. It is sandwiched between California Avenue and a parking lot. The entrance from California Avenue is a 200 foot walkway full of images.
We will discuss PM careers including how Project Management differs from Product Management, the best ways to advance in a PM career, and more.
- Event at PATCA: PATCA Management Consultants Networking Bkfst - OnlineLink visible for attendees
## Use the link to sign up on Patca's meetup page... https://www.meetup.com/professional-technical-consultants-association-patca/events/297637005/
We are a group of experienced line, project, and product management consultants who bring business questions and challenges to the group to share insights and solutions. The meeting time is used to learn from one another and share our experiences in a very congenial atmosphere.
Our discussions often include getting and keeping satisfied clients and other critical areas related to earning a living as a management consultant.
To have a topic to start with this month? Are we going to do anything differently due to the current potential consulting downturn?
Our group is a joint meeting of the ABC (Area Breakfast for Consultants) of the South Bay and PATCA. We are Affiliated with the IMC (Institute of Management Consultants) Northern California Chapter and PATCA (the Professional and Technical Consultant's Assoc). The IMC is the Premier Organization of Management Consultants in the U.S (http://imcusa.org), and PATCA, is a leading Bay Area organization of Consultants (https://patca.org/).
These meetings are held on the third Monday of each month from 8:00 to 9:00 AM. This meeting will be via Zoom. See the link in the right panel when you sign up for the meeting. Come join us. Please Respond via this meetup group or just drop by.
Questions? Call Carl Angotti email@example.com 408-462-2189