This meeting will be at a new venue: PeopleSpace in Irvine! From now on, we will be meeting every second Thursday of the month at PeopleSpace.
- Thursday, March 14th, 6:30-8:30pm
6:30 - Check-in and Networking
7:00 - Announcements + Pi Day Activity
7:30 - The Growth of R in the Actuarial Profession
8:30 - Meeting Adjourned
- Speaker: Tommy Steed, FSA
- Title: The Growth of R in the Actuarial Profession
- Abstract: This presentation will begin by giving some background on the actuarial profession. The focus of this discussion will be around how the use of R has grown, and will continue to grow in the actuarial profession. I will also discuss how the actuarial profession might be a good way for some to break into the data science field.
- Parking is free and in the back of the building or on the street.
- Extension cords and outlet strips will be provided to power your devices.
- Free WiFi will also be provided, and the username/pass will be posted throughout the venue.
- Slides and a recording of the talk will be sent out and posted on our GitHub after the event.
Food & Freebies
- Healthy snacks, pie(!!!), and water will be provided.
- Free tidyverse, NASA, and Microsoft Developer Advocates stickers will also be given out.