What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
Did Santa track chimney soot all over your new carpet?
Did his reindeer break some of your roofing tiles???
Did Rudolph steal a bottle of Jack Daniels out of your liquor cabinet?????
(Ya didn't think that red nose was NATURAL did you???)
Well then join us on historic Echo Mountain to start your Xmas right!
We'll be back down in time for you to lie to Aunt Tilly about how much you LOVE the CD box set she gave you of Barbara Streisand's greatest hits.
Distance - 5.8 miles
Difficulty - Intermediate
Elevation gain - 1400 feet
We will all meet in front of the metal gate at the corner of Lake Ave and E. Loma Alta Dr. From here it is 3 miles to the old ruins on Echo Mountain. It is all uphill with very little shade. At the ruins we will break for snacks and photos. We will acknowledge how lucky we are to be hikers in beautiful Southern California. We will return the way we came.
From the 210 take the Lake Ave exit and head north 4 miles. You will come to the intersection of Lake Ave and E Loma Alta Dr. Park anywhere in this area.
What To Bring
A hearty "Ho Ho Ho"
This is one of our signature trips for good reason: Let's go see the most beautiful light show on Earth, the Aurora Borealis (The Northern Lights), during an amazing, perfectly designed itinerary that you won't find anywhere else.
1000 Treks has never failed to see the Northern Lights whenever we planned a trip to see them, because we always pick the perfect conditions and locations. Once again, we will be all-but-guaranteed to see the Aurora, not only once but several times.
2023 will be a year of high solar activity (close to solar maximum), and in 2023 spring equinox will happen during the new moon. Those are three of the most powerful elements for the best Northern Lights viewing. The next time this will happen will be in 2031!
Due to its location in the Aurora Oval, and clear weather conditions (very important), Fairbanks, Alaska is considered by many to be the single best place on the entire planet to see the Northern Lights.
As if that wasn't enough, we will do that as part of an action-packed, exhilarating and unique itinerary.
- Go on SIX Northern Lights outings to comfortable locations with cabins or yurts for us to keep warm wile seeing the Aurora.
- Ride the Trans Alaska Railroad through the Alaskan wilderness. One of the most beautiful train rides in the world.
- Go to Chena Hot Springs, a hot spring resort in the middle of the snow.
- Cross the Arctic Circle to see the Northern Lights from the Arctic.
- Optional activities such as:
Visiting the Aurora Ice Museum, which was once the original Aurora Ice Hotel.
Riding a snow mobile.
Seeing ice sculptures at the World Ice Art Championship
Scotland unparalleled, exclusive and inclusive! We take on Scotland in the way only 1000 Treks does, delving deep while still traveling far and wide. During this 16-day journey we will fully immerse ourselves in Scotland with an itinerary that has been curated to satiate desires and appetites across the board, some of which you don't even yet know exist! Book your spot and relax - it's all been created for you.
- Visit the Highlands and Lowlands, from big cities to small villages, seeing many famous backdrops and settings such as the Glenfinnan Viaduct and Glencoe, the highly coveted Isle of Skye and even John O'Groats.
- Enjoy unique accommodations like kings and queens and true Scots: Multiple luxury country house stays: Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club, Dunkeld House Hotel, Duisdale Luxury Country House Hotel; Castle stay: Melville Castle; and other extraordinary accommodations: John O'Groats glass-fronted lodges and Isles of Glencoe.
- Get fitted for your own kilt and wear it to a private dinner near the end of our trip.
- Play our very own Highland Games on the grounds of one of our country stays.
- Learn and play the Bagpipes in our own custom "Blaw and Squeeze" workshop.
- Enjoy afternoon tea on a beautiful railway.
- Golf at St. Andrews and more! Tee off for fun with an optional welcome day golf experience, or play at St. Andrews during our day's visit there if you fancy.
- Tour the manmade and natural: see various castles, ruins, modern monuments, lochs (including Loch Ness, of course, and many more), brochs, and more.
- Visit the national parks of Scotland, Trossachs and Cairngorms, as well as multiple nature reserves.
- Drive some of the most scenic routes, including Glen Coe and the world-famous North Coast 500 (NC 500).
- Explore beaches, caves, waterfalls, gorges, and so many more of Scotland's natural phenomena. Optional hikes and canyoning.
- Wildlife safaris and viewings galore: Hairy coo safari, red deer greet & feed, puffin tour, falconry display, sheepdog experience, visits to the renowned yet remote John O'Groats and boat outing to see an unbelievable array of birds and sea animals.
- Customized, unique tours with pre-selected guides: Curated city tours, village and port visits, whisky academy tour, and even ghost tour.
Let's go on a fascinating voyage to the arctic to see some of the most beautiful scenery and amazing wildlife in the world, including one of the most beautiful and unique animals on the planet: the Polar Bear.
FOR DETAILS AND TO SIGN UP, CLICK HERE
We will start this dream expedition in the northernmost city in the world, Longyearbyen, and sail for 10 days around Spitsbergen in the Svalbard archipelago of northern Norway to see some of the most beautiful and unique locations in world.
FOR DETALS AND TO SIGN UP, CLICK HERE