What we're about
If you live in the AZ East Valley area and love to mountain bike, enjoy meeting people, making new friends, and want to have lots of fun, this group is for you! Our members include mountain bikers of all skill levels and interests, from the beginner just starting out, to those in training for races. “No Rider Left Behind” is our policy, because we ride together in groups based upon your skill level. All rides include several rest stops allowing everybody a chance to catch up, stretch and catch their breath. Remember, no matter what other goals you might have for a particular ride, having a fun and safe ride is our most important focus. We also offer help when needed so you can gain new skills and confidence while on the trails. Come out and enjoy the great views of the Mountains and the quiet get away from the everyday noise.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THROUGH THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFO - We want your experience with us to be a great one !
Please Like Us on Facebook!
1. Santan Shredders does not require membership dues, however we do accept donations to offset the $19.95 monthly meet-up site fees. (There is a "Chip In" button in the left side column, in the "About Us" area)
2. By joining Santan Shredders, you are agreeing to the Waiver, Release and Assumption of Risks at the very bottom of the page. For security purposes, all members are required to have a current photo attached to their Meetup's profile that clearly shows their face. Additionally, all photos that are taken at the events and posted to the groups web site (s), become the property of Santan Shredders.
Your membership includes:
- Message boards to meetup with others, share ideas, etc.
- Training tips and riding advice
- Meeting new people who enjoy mountain biking and just being outdoors
- Access to special events sponsored by Santan Regional Park District
- Official Santan Shredder mountain Bike Jerseys for only $65.00
- Discounts to the following Queen Creek & San Tan Valley area businesses :
* San Tan Bikes - 10%+ off purchases (Including mountain bikes) & 20% off labor.
* Kryptonite - 10%% off all lights and locks purchased at San Tan Bikes
* Tactical Fitness Personal Training - 15% off personal training packages - 20% off nutrition packages - 480-390-7049
* Berkner Naturopathic - $10.00 off your first visit on any acupuncture or IV therapy procedure. 480-296-6173
* Nexus Mobile Massage - $45 for 1 hour sports massages - 480-246-9295
- Please RSVP to all rides
- Staying informed by reading all emails and updates
- A helmet and water pack/water bottles (100oz for most rides)
- A well fitting mountain bike in good working order
- Good cardio fitness (you have a regular routine of some type of cardio workouts at least twice a week)
- Self-preparedness: tools, food, water and maps to take care of yourself should the need arise!
So join us today, and experience new rides and meet new friends!
Feel free to contact me with questions, and I hope to see you on the trails soon!
Jim Jensen, Santan Shredders Organizer - 480-Two-Three-One-0028
By Joining Santan Shredders, you agree to the following WAIVER, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
WAIVER, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I/we hereby waive, release and discharge the Meetup group Santan Shredders and its officers, ride leaders, volunteers, employees, organizers, sponsors, members, and ride participants from any and all claims for personal injury, property damage, or death resulting from my/our participation in any Santan Shredder event.
I/we acknowledge that mountain biking is a high-risk sport. I/we realize there are certain dangers inherent in the sport of mountain biking, and I/we assume these risks with the full understanding that injuries may result from my/our participation in any Santan Shredder event.
I intend this release to discharge the above-named from any and all liability arising from or connected in any way with my/our participation in any event, even though that liability may result from the negligence or carelessness of the above named.
I/we certify that my/our bicycle is suitable for safe use in all events, that I/we are in good physical condition, and that I/we are able to complete the event. I/we agree to wear a bicycle helmet properly adjusted and fastened and approved by SNELL or ANSI.
I/we have read this waiver and release and fully understand its terms and agree that it shall be binding on my/our heirs and assigns. I/we consent to emergency care at my own expense if injured or ill.
Joining Santan Shredders is my signature on this waiver.