One Time Warner Center, New York City
(Entrance on 58th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues)
New York, NY
In the holiday spirit, let's draw all the beautiful decorations and early shoppers. The Time Warner Center has really cool architecture, a view of Columbus Circle, and lots of detailed window displays. You probably can't afford to take any of the products home, so let's take our sketches home and pretend instead.
IMPORTANT: We'll meet on the 3rd floor near the BOSE store. This is a quiet spot. The mall is not very big, so this should't be hard to find.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked].
Looking forward to sketching with you!
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Please bring your own supplies - anything you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Take a bunch!
• Please take care to make sure we do not leave any trash behind. Please also leave the dogs at home; they tend to step on the artwork. Thanks.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.
Hi, I always enjoy sketching nature on paper, but haven't done so for a while since going to work.
Concept Designer and Journalist, can't resist sketching buildings and cars.
Hello, I'm Leena an artist. I love sketching and figure drawing, it develops my line quality!
Reconnecting with drawing and painting after being away from it for many years.
I am a painter and love to sketch outdoors
Need lots of practice!
Hi.....I'm a Graphic designer but illustrator at heart.....
My first time to draw again since college
I love to draw and to meet others who share the same interest.
Hi I'm Kathy. Look forward to meeting all of you.
I want to improve my drawing and I need to enjoy Central Park more!
I love visual journaling and wanted to meet others who enjoy drawing.
Hi I'm Tanya. I'm just a beginner who enjoys drawing.
It would be nice to be sketching with a group. It's been a long time.
designer, illustrator, dog robber.
Hi! I'm new to the city and like art and the park! :) Looking forward to meeting you all!
I like to draw but haven't done it in a while.
I 'm a longtime journalist (Film Critic) who now dabbles in water color and gouache as time allows
Hi. I love to draw and am looking forward to meeting others who feel the same way.