This is one of my favorite areas of the city, in the heart of the Village: Father Demo Square, Winston Churchill Square, and Bleecker Street. We'll be sketching in this whole area. A beautiful fountain, sculpture, greenery, lots of seating, lots of nice architecture and interesting stores. And Grom gelato!
Let's meet in front of Winston Churchill Square, which is a tiny spot and not crowded. This will make it easy for everyone to find us. Then we'll spread out to sketch and then meet back up. Take a look at the map to see where we are, and text me if you have any trouble.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at[masked].
Looking forward to sketching with you!
IMPORTANT: In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Please bring your own supplies - anything you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Take a bunch!
• Sorry, but please leave the dogs at home; they tend to step on the artwork. Thanks.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.