Prometheus is a flexible and robust open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit originally built at SoundCloud. It's a very helpful part of a comprehensive monitor/alert/report system. Prometheus joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation in 2016 as the second hosted project, after Kubernetes.
Mike Shoup is a DevOps Engineer at TalentReef who was not built at SoundCloud. He was built in Englewood, I think.
In this class, Mike will teach you the basics of using Prometheus to monitor your systems.
You will be able to do the following:
- Install Prometheus and configure it to monitor itself
- Install Node Exporter on a system and configure Prometheus to monitor it
- Install Grafana and create pretty graphs
- Install Alert Manager create notifications for when bad things happen
- Basic linux skills
- Editing files via command line
- Installing packages
- Starting / stopping services
- Laptop with an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine
- Laptop with SSH and a Web Browser
Doors open @ 8:30
Show starts @ 9:00
Note: $64 is a mega-extra discount. This class will normally be $128. It's half-priced because it's a first run. So it's just $64! Act fast! Operators are standing by!