What we’re about
TechYeet is an invite-only slack community (3500+ members) that brings people together for fun to see what innovative ideas and professional opportunities ensue. Fun activities include lunches, coffees, happy hours, golfing, hiking, skiing, poker, and much more.
If you would like an invite to the TechYeet slack community, ask a member.
Note: past activities displayed in this meetup group are only a small sampling of the overall activities happening in TechYeet.
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Jobseekers Support GroupLink visible for attendees
This event is for members of the TechYeet community that are looking for jobs or interested in helping other members of the community find jobs. Let's come together and help each other!
NOTE: this event is only open to members of the TechYeet slack community. You cannot join this event if you are not in slack. If you are interested, connect and message the host on LinkedIn and ask for an invitation to slack.
Host: Danielle Strimbu (LinkedIn)
- TechYeet Ski & Sip - Gear Tuning Extravaganza!!Rock Rest Lodge, Golden, CO
Get ready for an exhilarating evening of networking and winter sports preparation at our upcoming event, TechYeet Ski & Sip – Gear Tuning Extravaganza! We've partnered with The Ski Doctor to bring you an exclusive opportunity to fine-tune your ski gear while enjoying drinks and connecting with fellow outdoor enthusiasts.
🏂 Event Details: Bring your ski's/snowboard
📅 Date: December 7th
🕕 Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm mst
📍 Location: Rock Rest Lodge // 16005 Mt Vernon Rd, Golden, CO 80401
Michael can do roughly 10 tunes per hour, please check out his selection of services at https://theskidr.com/ It would be incredible if we could get 20+ people to come support his small business before the holidays. Should we get more than 20, he can stay longer!!
- Mobile Ski Tuning Van: Witness the cutting-edge convenience of The Ski Doctor, as they park their state-of-the-art van right at Rock Rest. Their expert technicians will be on hand to professionally tune your ski gear, ensuring you're ready to hit the slopes with confidence.
- Networking Mixer: Connect with like-minded individuals who share your passion for winter sports. Whether you're an experienced skier or a snow sports enthusiast, this is the perfect opportunity to expand your network and forge valuable connections.
- Drinks and Refreshments: Enjoy a selection of beverages and light refreshments as you mingle and share stories with fellow attendees. The perfect atmosphere to unwind and discuss your favorite ski destinations, gear, and upcoming winter adventures.
Please note that this is not a sponsored event, and all costs associated with gear tuning, drinks, food and games are on the participants. It's a fantastic opportunity to gear up for winter, engage with the community, and share your passion for skiing.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Holiday Meetup ExtravaganzaBierstadt Lagerhaus, Denver, CO
We're partnering with Develop Happy Hour, Denver UX, Denver Leadership, and Denver Tech Social Club for the Meetup event of the year. HOLIDAY MEETUP EXTRAVAGANZA!! Come mingle and enjoy some holiday fun. Dress up in your ugly sweaters and ring in the cheer. Big thanks to our sponsor FusionAuth for covering the first round of drinks.
FusionAuth is the customer authentication and authorization platform that makes developers' lives awesome. Get all the auth features your app needs plus a customizable, scalable solution you can run on any computer, anywhere in the world.
- Are Industry Security Controls Relevant?Link visible for attendees
This is a copy to help spread the word. Here's the link to actual "Let's Talk Software Security!" meetup group event: https://www.meetup.com/lets-talk-software-security/events/296999493
In today's ever-changing cybersecurity landscape, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest threats and vulnerabilities. As a result, many organizations rely on industry-standard security controls to protect their data and systems. But are these controls still relevant in the face of today's sophisticated attacks? Does achieving compliance for industry certifications make companies more resilient to breaches?
In this meetup, we'll discuss the following:
- What are industry-standard security controls?
- How effective are they against modern threats?
- What are the limitations of industry-standard security controls?
- How can organizations develop a more comprehensive and effective security strategy?
This is not a presentation, but rather a topic-focused open discussion.
We follow Chatham House Rules.
Nothing shared will be recorded or distributed anywhere online.
Come and bring your opinions and ask questions to direct the conversation where you desire, or just listen and learn. It's always a great chat with great people!