What we're about
We organize 3 to 5-day long weekend trips to the US National Parks countrywide, in a comfortable mode with economy hotels' accommodations and getting around in a locally rented van with no more than 6 people in a group.
Also U.S. National Parks Quest (NPQ) organizes some repeating events at certain locations. Such is an easy hike/walk at Alviso Marina county park every second Saturday (with some exceptions) starting at 8am. And a moderate hike at Huddart County Park every second Sunday (with some exceptions) starting at 9:30am.
There two ongoing hiking plus networking events are usually cross-posted with tech pros' Meetup groups: Silicon Valley Indian Professionals Association (SIPA), California Software Professional Association (CSPA), Global Online Tech & Startup Networking & Training Meetup and others. We want to network and build a community of good people!
So, these two ongoing events will be complemented by after-hike networking time at the picnic tables or group gathering areas. Participants are asked to voluntary chip in for beverages /snacks.
Other NPQ's California favorites are: Almaden Quicksilver County Park, Alum Rock Park, Santa Teresa County Park, Joseph Grant County Park, Hellyer County Park. We will organize moderate-level hikes in these parks on some Sundays as a replacement for Huddart County Park (if we want a change 🙂)
NPQ also organizes:
- Backpacking trips to beautiful locations in California. Our picks are Desolation Wilderness, and Emigrant Wilderness.
- Tent-camping plus hiking events in California's state parks, county parks and beaches. Lana and/or Mike will plan and organize these California events in weekend or weekdays.
- Yosemite National Park four-seasons tent-camping and hiking events: April – for water galore, September – for foliage, December – for solitary, February – for The Firefall. Our awesome leader for all Yosemite events, Skip, is a true appreciator of the park and its life-long supporter through Yosemite Conservancy, the park's philanthropic partner. In 2021 the next Yosemite campout is tentatively planned for the second week of December.
If you go with NPQ on a multi-day weekend trip to a National Park then your leader might be Lana and you will be asked to electronically sign an acknowledgement of risk document (in addition to Release of Liability that is applicable to ALL our trips, hikes, walks, any kind of events: https://www.meetup.com/u-s-national-parks-quest-group/pages/32038355/Release_of_Liability/) and an agreement. By signing the acknowledgement of risk document, you release from liability related to the trip your group leader and your group members. Every group member signs the same acknowledgement of risk document. From NPQ's side these documents are signed by WorldsApart Company and all shared costs for the event are payable to it.
If you go with NPQ on camping plus hiking event in a California state or county park/beach then your leader might be Mike and you consent to Release of Liability (that is also applicable to ALL our trips, hikes, walks, any kind of events: https://www.meetup.com/u-s-national-parks-quest-group/pages/32038355/Release_of_Liability/) The shared costs are payable in advance by a method specified in the event's description.
If you go with NPQ on a campout in Yosemite National Park then your leader might be Skip and you consent to Release of Liability (that is also applicable to ALL our trips, hikes, walks, any kind of events: https://www.meetup.com/u-s-national-parks-quest-group/pages/32038355/Release_of_Liability/) The shared costs are payable in advance by a method specified in the event's description, or directly by cash at the event's location.
These National Parks (and respective photo-albums - click on each pic to enlarge) are:
- Death Valley, Yosemite, Redwood, Lassen Volcanic and Pinnacles in California,
- Saguaro and Petrified Forest, and Grand Canyon in Arizona,
- White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico and Guadalupe Mountain in Texas,
- Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and Mammoth Cave in Kentucky,
- Rocky Mountain, Great Sand Dunes, Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Mesa Verde in Colorado,
- Wind Cave, Badlands, and Mountain Rushmore Monument in South Dakota,
- Yellowstone and Grand Teton in Wyoming,
- Indiana Dunes in Indiana and Cuyahoga Valley in Ohio, Niagara Falls in New York,
- Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef in Utah,
- Mount Rainier, Olympic, and North Cascades in Washington,
- Denali and Kenai Fjords in Alaska,
- Crater Lake in Oregon,
- Glacier in Montana,
- Acadia in Maine,
- Shenandoah in Virginia,
- Congaree in South Carolina.
In 2022 we extended this list of visited National Parks by exploring:
- Big Bend in Texas,
- Everglades, Biscayne NPs and Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida.
And we plan to add to the list: Hawaii Volcanoes, Haleakalā in Hawaii with, possibly, the National Park of American Samoa, and Voyageurs and Isle Royale National Parks in Minnesota.
Then we want to go and explore again in depth the amazing parks of Colorado, Utah, Arizona, California, Alaska, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Texas and Mid-Atlantic.
In space-limited events (like small group multi-day trips) the preference is given to members who previously attended other NPQ's events and met their fellow group members in-person. Our sister group National Parks Quest Buddies (NPQ Buddies) is created for the "old members".
We follow COVID safety protocols, keep social distance, wear masks while in transport or camp, at least around the dining table and campfire (near others). While hiking, we wear masks when passing others, either direction or near others.
Please sign up to WAIT-LIST when the event if full - chances are you eventually get to the main list: some people in the main list happen to change their mind as the dates coming up. Or they do not respond the organizers' messages about the event. In this case they got moved out and people from the waitlist go to the main list. Also, as soon the pandemic situation permits, we can extend groups to 10 people with two group organizers supporting an event. So it's worth signing up to get into the waitlist too ))
Happy trails! 🏔 🚶♀️🚶♂️