Ok I would like.
From: [address removed]
To: [address removed]
Subject: [wine-800] Christos added a post
Date: Thu, 15 Jul[masked]:15:06 -0400
I am planning a long weekend wine tour to the Languedoc in South West France and want to find out if there is enough interest to take the idea further. The dates would be Friday 15th to Monday 18th October, and the tour would take in regions like Minervois, Corbieres and Limoux. You would need to arrange your own flight with Ryanair from Stanstead to Carcassonne, which are very cheap ?see below.
This would be a great time to visit - there will be lots of activity in the vineyards and wineries and the weather should be warm and temperate. The Languedoc is one of the most exciting vineyard regions in France, but not being as well known as some of the more famous areas, it offers superb value wines. This is largely a land of red wines where Syrah, Grenache and Mourvedre dominate, but there are also some fine whites, and in Limoux they claim to be the oldest sparkling wine region in the world (even pre-dating Champagne!).
The tour will be organised in conjunction with Wendy Gedney an English lady who is based in the region. Wendy has a huge knowledge of the region and excellent contacts with local wineries. The tour would run from lunchtime on Friday 15/10 to lunchtime on Monday 18/10 and is planned to include the following:-
- 3 nights accommodation in a rented villa(s) or B&B?s ? dependent on how many people would like to join the tour
- a full programme of visits to wineries in the regions of Limoux, Corbieres and Minervois
- a wine seminar on blending with an English Master of Wine
- tastings of olive oil, honey and other locally produced foods
- 3 meals a day - breakfast at your accommodation, lunch and dinners with wine every day, either at a winery or local restaurant
- air conditioned transport throughout including collection from and drop off at Carcassonne airport
- on the last morning a tour of the walled medieval city of Carcassonne and a quick lunch with a sommelier in a Tapas restaurant
The cost of the tour excluding flights will be approximately ?495 on a twin share basis with a single supplement of ?95
The suggested flights with Ryanair are: outward 15/10 Stanstead 10.10 ? Carcassonne 13.05; return 18/10 Carcassonne 13.30 ? Stanstead 14.25. The return fare excluding the usual charges for checking in a bag is currently ?29!
Please let me know if you are interested in the tour and if so whether you would prefer to share a room or pay the single supplement.
Observaci?n: Si presionas "RESPONDER
", tu mensaje se enviar? a todas las personas
de esta lista de correo ([address removed]
Christos ([address removed]) de The London Wine and Travel Meetup
envi? este mensaje.
Para obtener m?s informaci?n sobre Christos, visita su perfil de miembro
Para cancelar la suscripci?n o para actualizar la configuraci?n de tu lista de correo, haz clic aqu?Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.