What we’re about
Agile Denver is an outreach organization for agile and lean practice in the Denver area. The organization strives to facilitate quality events to our members, helping them become better agilists. Agile Denver is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit that supports a number of Special Interest Groups.
• Join Agile Denver's Slack community (email email@example.com to join!)
• Keep in touch with others on the Agile Denver LinkedIn
• Follow Agile Denver's Facebook account
• Attend the Agile Denver Monthly Meeting (4th Monday of the month; see this meetup group for details)
PDUs are available for our monthly meetings as well as our annual conference.
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Agile Denver Board of Directors MeetingLink visible for attendees
The Agile Denver Board of Directors invites you to join our monthly business meeting. Join us if ...
- You want to hear more about the business of Agile Denver (our financials, operational work, etc)
- You are interested in volunteering for the Agile Denver community
- You have an idea you want to pitch (new meetup community, new event idea, etc) to the board
New members to Agile Denver will find this meeting to be more about the business of running the community then helping them find a place to thrive. We recommend checking out one of the other community events first before joining this one.
Agendas for each meeting are created in advance of the call, but we do a call for topics in the first five minutes of each meeting.
- We are not meeting in person. Please join virtually using zoom.
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can.
- NEW! AI for Agilists Learning CollaborativeLink visible for attendees
Check out Agile Denver's new Special Interest Group: The AI for Agilists Learning Collaborative!
We're a highly interactive group where AI-nervous folks can share, play and learn together. Anyone is welcome, but we especially invite anyone in a non-developer agile role (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Agile Business Analyst, Agile Coach, UX Designer, Agile Manager, etc).
Our first meeting will be on Zoom (link provided once you RSVP). Please come prepared to work on your computer, as we introduce you to some tools.
Hosted by two experienced agile coaches and teachers, Manoj and Erika. We look forward to seeing you!
The general format:
- “What I saw in the news” brief updates shared by participants
- Shared experience about how AI is showing up in people’s workplaces
- Light instruction on end-user topics like prompt engineering, using AI for user stories, data analysis with AI, understanding AI basics, how developers use AI, etc
- Hands-on practice using (free or cheap) AI tools like chatbots, meeting recordings, personal productivity, image generators, audio editing, etc.
- Occasional expert speakers / panelists with lots of time for Q&A
- A Focus on Value Delivery - Apke's Golden Rule of Agile -Link visible for attendees
Dive into the essence of Agile with a groundbreaking session led by Larry Apke, where he unveils the Golden Rule of Agile. This exclusive seminar demystifies the strategic practice of relative estimation, empowering you to orchestrate your projects with unprecedented efficiency.
Discover how to align your efforts seamlessly with your system's limitations, ensuring that every action you take delivers the optimal value to...customers in the shortest possible time" given your system's constraints.
Embrace a principle that promises to redefine the landscape of business agility and elevate customer experiences to stellar heights. The Golden Rule of Agile is not just a guideline but a transformative force. By mastering this rule, you will reshape your backlog management, catapulting the value delivered to your customers at an unrivaled pace.
Larry has over 12 years of experience as an Agile Coach and is passionate about helping organizations adopt and implement Agile principles and practices to deliver value, quality, and customer satisfaction. He was a Principal Agile Coach at T-Mobile, where he led and supported Agile transformation and innovation initiatives across the organization. Larry is the founder and Chief Agile Officer of The Job Hackers, a non-profit that provides free Agile training and workforce development to underrepresented and underserved communities. He is the author of three books on Agile, and a recognized speaker and leader in the Agile community.
This presentation is mostly for people who want to know some easy techniques for sequencing work to “deliver the optimal value in the shortest time possible.”
The presenter will distribute his last book for free to attendees.
- 🆎 Blueprints of Dreams: Creating Your Visioning Journey MapNeeds location
This is a placeholder for visibility on the Agile Denver (main) MeetUp for purposes of centralizing events in one place and transparency of Agile Boulder MeetUp events.
Please join Dr. Dave Cornelius (aka: “Dr. Dave”) and Temi Bolaji-Jegede on their topic Blueprints of Dreams: Creating Your Visioning Journey Map.
Please refer to the Agile Boulder Events Page for more details on the upcoming events.
If you would like to be a future speaker for Agile Boulder, please use this Submission Form.