What we're about
On August 23, 2016 we launched a new way of playing with the Grab A Game tennis group. You can now list your own matches on our Meetup page to find new tennis partners. This is the first Grab A Game group to offer this unique way of letting players connect and play. Grab A Game also plans to host clinics and/or events regularly.
Here's how it works:
1. Look through the listings other members have posted and see if there is a game that fits your schedule and location. When you find one you like, simply RSVP and you're all set! Make sure that you are on time and communicate using the message board on the event page if anything changes or you are running late.
2. Set up a game by choosing a location and time to play. It helps if you are confident a court will be available at that time. To list an event click on '+ Schedule a new Meetup' on the main page of our meetup group. Be sure to clearly title the event with the type of tennis, skill level, and location. ex: Doubles Tennis - 3.5 - Waveland Courts. Choose the start and end time, as well as the location. In the description, let everyone know a little bit about yourself, where/how to find you when they get to the courts, and how many players you are looking for. Be specific if you prefer to play coed, men's, or women's. If there are any costs associated with using the facility, be sure to mention it.
1. Be on time. Do not cancel at the last minute. If you do need to cancel due to weather or not having enough players, be sure to update the event listing or leave a comment.
2. Each player should bring their own racquet and 1 can of balls.
3. Help the group grow with a good reputation. Be friendly, give the event a good rating afterwards, report any issues to Grab A Game.
4. All players accept that they play at their own risk. Grab A Game and other players will not be held liable for any injuries at these events.
5. Mind the skill level. If you're not sure about your skill level or if it's been awhile since you've played, make sure you mention that to your partner. Don't take it personally if they prefer to play with someone at a different level.
To cover the costs of managing this group, there will be a membership fee for active participants. The first 30 days are free, so we have plenty of time to test this new system and make adjustments. Our goal is to provide a friendly, well-managed, and affordable group for tennis players in Chicago.
We will continue to improve this program with the feedback from our members. Feel free to email us: email@example.com with suggestions, feedback, etc.
Help us get started and schedule a match on our Meetup group! (https://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Tennis/) We can’t wait to see all the matches our members start posting! Remember, the first 30 days are FREE, so there’s no risk in giving it a try!
Grab a Game is also a great way to meet other players or join a team. You will play with friendly people just like you who want a good game while having some fun and improving their skills. We look forward to seeing you on the court!
Who is Grab a Game?
Grab a Game is a division of Chicago Sport and Social Club (chicagosocial.com) and is run by experienced and passionate players who have successfully organized leagues, tournaments and pickup games for many years. Chicago Sport and Social Club is the leading U.S. company that organizes, markets, and operates adult recreational sports and social events.
Check out all of our Grab a Game groups: Basketball (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Basketball/)| Broomball (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Broomball/)| Dodgeball (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Dodgeball/)| Flag Football (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-FlagFootball/) | Floor Hockey (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-FloorHockey/) | Kickball (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Kickball/)| Chicago Soccer (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Soccer/) | Suburban Soccer (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Suburban-Soccer/) | Social Sports (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-SocialSports/) | Softball (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Softball/)| Tennis (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Tennis/)| Volleyball (http://www.meetup.com/GrabaGame-Chicago-Volleyball/)