Join us for virtual workouts (YOGA, HIIT, CORE) to support your DIY trail hikes and runs. TBA -- New in-person events for *FULLY vaccinated (2 WEEKS OR MORE after final shot) members, possibly in JULY/AUG. Check our calendar of events for updates!
* FOR CURRENT MEMBERS, FRIENDS, AND FAMILY ONLY, at this time. The group is currently NOT accepting new members due to COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for your interest. Virtual workouts will be offered during the pandemic. In the future, we will meet to workout (trail run/walk/hike/bike) outside and eat together again in-person, when it is safe to do so!
* All in-person group trail events have been CANCELLED until further notice in accordance with the local "Shelter in Place" legal order and "social distancing" guidelines. "SEVEN BAY AREA JURISDICTIONS ORDER RESIDENTS TO STAY HOME ... COVID-19 spread reduces activity to only most essential needs"
SAFETY RULES & GUIDELINES IN PARKS
(during COVID-19 Pandemic)
East Bay Regional Park District: "Ways you can help include: * Use cloth face coverings/masks as recommended by the CDC
* Maintain 6 feet social distance from other people
* NO picnicking, groups, gatherings, or MEETUPS (only immediate households)
"...PROHIBITING ALL NON-ESSENTIAL GATHERINGS OF ANY NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS; AND ORDERING CESSATION OF ALL NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL... Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120295, et seq.)..."
TRAIL RUNNING AND HIKING GROUP (TRG) (PRIVATE GROUP)
SF East Bay, CA
"Generations and community running together in nature."
Over 1000 meets and counting since May 2012.
Welcome trail runners and hikers!
All members are expected to be able to read trail maps and be *self-sufficient. This group is for people training for foot races on trail and fitness for other sporting events. Run/walkers of all paces, including: visitors, those returning from pregnancy, breaks, or health issues, and experienced run-walk-runners are welcome.
* Private and volunteer-run, EARLY AM EXERCISE group based in Oakland and Berkeley area. We run early morning with the occasional cross-training (e.g., YOGA, HIIT, dodgeball, etc.) together!
Please join us for our regular weekly early morning group trail runs on:
• 6 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Berkeley, and 10 AM on Sundays (easy) in Oakland or Berkeley.
• Other runs take place in Oakland and in other areas of the East Bay.
Discover and learn local trails using maps, with a group! Trail runs typically take place in the East Bay: Redwood, Strawberry Canyon, Tilden, Cesar Chavez parks. We run in darkness, rain, and/or sun.
Regular runs include: weekday morning training runs (5+ miles of trail fartlek, tempo, hill repeats), easy Sundays (~3-7 mi.), and weekend long runs (12 to 30+ mi.) with pace groups as needed. Special runs include: no-drop social runs, Women's, Midsummer Night, and Family Holiday season trail runs/hikes.
We meet out on the trails together for safety and camaraderie.
Photos: Run to the Winter holiday lights night run, Berkeley hills
Race and fitness goals
"Join forces. While many runners embrace the solitude of running, numerous studies highlight the benefits of working out with others, including greater satisfaction with exercise, increased motivation to set and reach goals, and greater consistency." -- The Bliss List (http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/bliss-list), Runner's World