What we're about
Learning Machine Learning doesn't have to be hard! We are here to make AI education accessible to everyone. AI is not just the future - it's now.
Beginner's Machine Learning (BML) is a meetup group dedicated to learning machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, knowledge representation, and artificial intelligence via hands-on workshops. We run workshops for all skill levels who want to join this exciting field and our meetings cover research papers and new algorithms in the field. We also organise fun and engaging meetups, hackathons and networking events related to AI and ML.
Join our Slack Channel to collaborate, discuss ideas and post questions!
Click here to Join
Click here to watch our past workshops
A list of our upcoming events in 2022:
[R] Recording is now available on our YouTube Channel.
- Introduction To Neural Networks using Tensorflow [R]
- Train and Deploy AI models on the cloud using Tensorflow [R]
- Convolutional Neural Networks - Part 1 - Image Classification [R]
- Convolutional Neural Networks - Part 2 - Object Detection
- Convolutional Neural Networks - Part 3 - Semantic Segmentation
- Convolutional Neural Networks - Part 4 - Style Transfer
- Computer Vision - Processing your own images and videos
- Cloud Computing Fundamentals – Learn how to develop solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Data Streaming on the cloud - Analyse live-stream data with machine learning on Azure
- Clustering – Clustering geospatial data with unsupervised machine learning on AWS
- Transfer Learning on Cloud - Classify colour images with CNNs and Tensorflow Keras on Google Cloud
- Natural Language Processing - Beginner’s Guide to NLP programming with Tensorflow
- Time-Series Data Analysis - Time-series Forecasting with Sci-kit Learn ML Library
- Big Data Engineering - BIG data engineering with Azure Databricks and Apache Spark
List of recommended books by BML:
1. Python for Data Analysis by Wes McKinney
2. Data Science from Scratch by Joel Grus
3. The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book by Andriy Burkov
4. Deep Learning with Python by Francois Chollet
5. Hands-on Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow by Aurelien Geron
6. Python Machine Learning by Sebastian Raschka
7. Grokking Deep Learning by Andrew W Trask
Beginners Machine Learning Code of Conduct
Beginners Machine Learning is dedicated to enabling its members to use machine learning and data science technologies for advancing their careers. This includes organising and delivering events where we seek to provide a respectful, friendly, professional experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability, age, race or religion. We do not tolerate any behaviour that is harassing or degrading to any individual, in any form. Individuals are responsible for knowing and abiding by these standards. We encourage everyone to assist in creating a welcoming and safe environment.
Please report any concerns, suspicious or disruptive activity or behaviour to the group leadership team.
Beginners Machine Learning reserves the right to refuse admittance to or remove any person from any of its events at any time at its discretion.