Boston Indies is a community of dedicated independent game developers in Massachusetts and the surrounding area. We define ourselves in connection with our community spirit and our group objectives. We gather in person once a month to talk about the art and craft of making games, and to share our work with each other.
Our goals are to:
• Foster a sense of community among Boston’s independent game creators
• Facilitate the monthly meetup and other related community events
• Encourage makers to create games independent of large budgets and large company ties.
• Provide a safe environment to obtain critical feedback on game development works in progress.
• Serve as a brain trust for important information sharing among local independent developers
We are completely agnostic with respect to technology, development platform, game type, and scope of game development. As long as you show up with an open mind and a helpful attitude and you are committed to making your own games, on your own terms, you are welcome to join us.
Interested in indie board game development? Bring a prototype or just a critical eye to New England's largest group of tabletop game developers and playtesters!
We do ask for a $2 donation for non-members attending this event. This will be collected at the event. For more information about membership, please visit http://www.gamemakersguild.com/about/membership/
Emerson College Engagement Lab
160 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116
• Right next to the Steinway Piano sign, above the antique shop.
• Ring the bell for floor three. It is below the one marked "Engagement Lab" with a sticker.
• Take the elevator to the 3rd floor. It's old, slow, and creepy, but rest assured it does work.