Boston Indies is a community of dedicated independent game developers in Massachusetts and the surrounding area. We define ourselves in connection with our community spirit and our group objectives. We gather in person once a month to talk about the art and craft of making games, and to share our work with each other.
Our goals are to:
• Foster a sense of community among Boston’s independent game creators
• Facilitate the monthly meetup and other related community events
• Encourage makers to create games independent of large budgets and large company ties.
• Provide a safe environment to obtain critical feedback on game development works in progress.
• Serve as a brain trust for important information sharing among local independent developers
We are completely agnostic with respect to technology, development platform, game type, and scope of game development. As long as you show up with an open mind and a helpful attitude and you are committed to making your own games, on your own terms, you are welcome to join us.
It's the Boston Indies Talk Show & Happy (H)our Episode 15!
Join us for a weekly talk show hosted by local indie legends Ziba Scott and Ichiro Lambe, interviewing developers from the Boston indie scene!
This week, we'll be talking to Adri Mills, interactive fiction writer and pillar of the community who's helped organize Women in Games, BFIG, Narrascope, and the Peoples Republic of Interactive Fiction!
We'll also catch up on the latest dev log postings, and hear about upcoming Boston game events! Join us on Zoom after the show to hang out and chat (Zoom link will be posted to the Boston Game Dev slack channel, slack.bostongamedev.com)