Boston Indies is a community of dedicated independent game developers in Massachusetts and the surrounding area. We define ourselves in connection with our community spirit and our group objectives. We gather in person once a month to talk about the art and craft of making games, and to share our work with each other.
Our goals are to:
• Foster a sense of community among Boston’s independent game creators
• Facilitate the monthly meetup and other related community events
• Encourage makers to create games independent of large budgets and large company ties.
• Provide a safe environment to obtain critical feedback on game development works in progress.
• Serve as a brain trust for important information sharing among local independent developers
We are completely agnostic with respect to technology, development platform, game type, and scope of game development. As long as you show up with an open mind and a helpful attitude and you are committed to making your own games, on your own terms, you are welcome to join us.
Boston Indies November meetup will introduce a new "office hours" format! In this setup, we have different games industry veterans set up at tables, there to give advice, answer questions, check out your demo, review your portfolio, and more!
If you're interested in being an Office Hours mentor, please apply here:
We'll be announcing our mentors and subject areas of expertise soon!
Please note: By attending our meetings, you agree to our safe space policy https://www.clubdrosselmeyer.com/
For December, instead of our normal meeting, we'll be co-hosting a holiday party along with the rest of the Boston game development community! Please see this post for details:
Please note: By attending our meetings, you agree to our safe space policy (http://www.bostonindies.com/safe-space-policy/).