What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
For the members of the LSCC who are interested, Codurance is running a webinar with Digital Theatre talking about what they learned when migrating thousands of hours of theatre production content seamlessly, efficiently and at minimal additional cost. If you’re interested, you can register to attend here: https://app.livestorm.co/codurance/content-migration-at-scale-with-aws-step-functions
Find more event details below.
Digital Theatre is a world-leading provider of theatre-related educational resources to support the teaching and study of the performing arts. The Digital Theatre+ (DT+) platform provides unlimited access for more than 3 million students in over 2,000 schools, colleges and universities across 80+ countries to over 1,300+ full-length productions, backstage insights, interviews, teaching materials and study guides.
In 2020, Digital Theatre decided to rebuild their educational platform with the help of Codurance to bring more content to more educational institutions and students, providing a richer, more intuitive and accessible experience.
Originally the platform was based on Drupal, a Content Management System. One of the many challenges faced during this project was the migration of its content - thousands of hours of video content of live theatre productions, from this system towards Contentful, a headless Content Management System.
Codurance and Digital Theatre decided to use AWS Step Functions for the migration - a low-code visual workflow service used to orchestrate AWS services, automate business processes, and build serverless applications. In this talk we're going to present our experience with this service for migrating content from Drupal to Contentful.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT AT
The webinar covers:
- The context of the problem that we solved
- An introduction of AWS Step Functions
- Why AWS Step Functions was the right choice
- Details of the implementation
- Challenges encountered and how we addressed them
The London Software Craftsmanship Community is excited to invite its members to the first LSCC round table in the past 14 months. We’re looking forward to virtually welcoming back members both old and new!
Thank you to everyone who filled out our survey, all feedback has been taken onboard! If you would still like the chance to let us know your topic suggestions, feel free to fill out our short survey here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1I1pPa-M5BexZQwGBtbPH1jVpof0V6Y3bBCviZuJUO-sarw/viewform
Please take a read of our house rules below.
We will start from 13:00 with a bit of chit-chat, at 13:05 we will have our usual introduction, at 13:10 we will proceed to select topics for discussion. We will then divide ourselves into separate rooms to discuss those topics, and at 13:45 we will finish the session by regrouping to share our findings.
Some additional rules for this online event:
- In general, stay unmuted, unless you have a noisy environment. When you're participating, you can use keyboard shortcuts: Alt+A/Cmd+Shift+A for quick muting/un-muting. We have found that it helps create a good atmosphere.
- Try to use a headset or headphones with a good directional microphone. As a general rule, laptops microphone/speaker combo tend to be horrible
- We will have one person from the organisation in each room to help moderate. Use the chat to indicate that you want to speak. The moderator will take care of giving you the turn to speak
- Don't be afraid of using the chat for small comments while someone else is talking, but keep it on topic
- Use the Zoom "Raise Hand" functionality
We will be using Zoom for the event.
Any questions regarding the event, please drop us a message so we can provide answers.
Code of Conduct: https://communitycodeofconduct.com/