Welcome to the San Francisco HTML5 Developer Group: the largest Web Development Meetup in the world! We host monthly events in San Francisco with presentations by the industry's leading experts in cutting-edge web technologies. Past speakers include superstars like Paul Irish, Parisa Tabriz, Jen Simmons, Bruce Lawson, Steve Souders, Divya Manian, Brian Leroux, Pamela Fox, Christian Heilmann, Rachel Nabors, and many more. We also record all of the talks so you can watch the videos later. Check out videos from our past events at http://bit.ly/sfhtml5videos .
At every event, our generous sponsors provide an extensive networking and demo hour with catered dinner, dessert, wine tasting, a wide variety of non-alcoholic beverages, and sometimes even a cocktail designed especially for the event.
Please join us for our monthly events! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@sfhtml5 (https://twitter.com/sfhtml5)) to learn about upcoming conferences, emerging trends, prize drawings, and more.
Please register at https://forwardjs.com (RSVPing on this meetup does not secure a ticket). Meetup members: use discount code SFHTML5-50 for a $50 ticket discount.
Tuesday, Jan 22:
* PWAs with React w/ Max Firtman
Wednesday, Jan 23:
* Four Semesters of CS in Six Hours w/ Brian Holt
* Hacking Web Performance w/ Max Firtman
* Unit Testing with Jest w/ Amal Hussein
Thursday, Jan 24:
* Main day, 5 tracks of technical sessions
Friday, Jan 25:
* Architecting & Building Serverless Applications w/ Upkar Lidder
* Integrating Blockchain into your JS App w/ Lennart Frantzell
* Tensorflow.js w/ Google w/ More speakers announced soon
* State of WebXR: What do you need to know today for building Web
* Mixed Reality Applications w/ Rabimba Karanjai
* Node Fundamentals w/ Samer Buna
Saturday, Jan 26:
* React Fundamentals w/ Samer Buna
* Advanced Angular w/ Aysegul Yonet
To apply to volunteer, visit: http://bit.ly/forwardjsvolunteer
For more information and to buy tickets, see: https://forwardjs.com
Meetup members use discount code SFHTML5-50 for a $50 ticket discount.
Flutter: The Best of Both Worlds
Flutter is a portable UI toolkit built with the best aspects of web and mobile development in one. In this presentation, we’ll explore Flutter’s constituent pieces from a web-centric perspective. Then we’ll do some live coding to get a feel for what it’s like to build a Flutter app.
About the speaker
Matt Carroll (@flttry) is a developer on the Flutter framework team. Before joining the Flutter team, Matt spent 7 years as an Android developer, with 3 of those years working on Nest’s flagship mobile app. Matt’s focus in the framework includes Cupertino widgets and Android embedding. When Matt isn’t helping to build Flutter, he spends his time educating other developers about Flutter, including on his YouTub channel: https://www.youtube.com/fluttery. Developers can follow Matt @flttry on Twitter.
* 5:00 PM Doors open. Note: the event is on the 7th floor.
* 6:30-6:40 PM Announcements
* 6:40-7:30 PM Presentation (Matt Carroll)
* 7:30-8:00 PM Break
* 8:00-8:10 PM Lightning Talks
* 8:10-8:30 PM Q&A with Matt