Welcome to the San Francisco HTML5 Developer Group: the largest Web Development Meetup in the world! We host monthly events in San Francisco with presentations by the industry's leading experts in cutting-edge web technologies. Past speakers include superstars like Paul Irish, Parisa Tabriz, Jen Simmons, Bruce Lawson, Steve Souders, Divya Manian, Brian Leroux, Pamela Fox, Christian Heilmann, Rachel Nabors, and many more. We also record all of the talks so you can watch the videos later. Check out videos from our past events at http://bit.ly/sfhtml5videos .
At every event, our generous sponsors provide an extensive networking and demo hour with catered dinner, dessert, wine tasting, a wide variety of non-alcoholic beverages, and sometimes even a cocktail designed especially for the event.
Please join us for our monthly events! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@sfhtml5 (https://twitter.com/sfhtml5)) to learn about upcoming conferences, emerging trends, prize drawings, and more.
#PerfMatters Conference is the web performance conference taking place on April 2 & 3, in Redwood City, California with talks by internationally renowned performance developers. The focus is on front-end web performance. Register at https://perfmattersconf.com (RSVPing Yes here does NOT guarantee you a seat).
Talks and speakers include:
* SVG Will Save Us, Sarah Drasner
* Resource loading, prioritization, HTTP/2 - oh my!, Patrick Meenan
* Runtime Scheduling on the Web, Shubhie Panicker
* Refactoring for Progressive Web Apps, Erica Stanley
* Fantastic Frontend Performance Tricks and Why We Do Them, Jenna Zeigen
* Leveraging the power of service design to boost web performance, Anthonia Carter
* How Privilege Defines Performance, Tatiana Mac
* Crash Course in CrUX, Rick Viscomi
* Happy Browser, Happy User!, Katie Sylor-Miller
* Chaperones and curfews: minimising 3rd party impact, Ryan Townsend
* Level up your web tools with WebAssembly, Robert Aboukhalil
* The intersection of accessibility and performance, Eric Bailey
* Taking the Guesswork out of Performance Budgets, Buddy Brewer
* The Business of Performance, Lauren Younger Nagel
* Measuring User Perceived Performance to Prioritize Product Work, Gemma Petrie and Heather McGaw
* Performance Benefits of Variable Fonts, Mandy Michael
* Think Fast, First: Empowering Performance Culture, Alfredo Lopez
* A Billion Phones and Even More People, Keerthana Krishnan
* Profiling the Profiler, Greg Tatum
* Delighted, Satisfied, or Angry? Building empathy into our core business metrics to put users first., Nathan Bower
Our incredible eMCee is none other than the fabulous Mina Markham.
Andy Davies will be leading a pre-conference workshop "Getting Up to Speed with Performance" to get attendees up to speed on web performance on Monday, April 1.
MDN will be leading a post-conference hackathon. We'll be working together to improve the performance of MDN - both MDN's performance content and the site performance. Hang out with your new perf-dev-mates while coding for good on Thursday, April 4.
It’s local. It’s inexpensive. It’s awesome.
Just register at https://perfmattersconf.com (RSVPing Yes here does NOT guarantee you a seat).
Use code SFHTML5OFF for 5% off the registration - for the conference, workshop, and hackathon.