What we're about
SF Python is your opportunity to grow your technical career by learning and sharing what you know with other local Python developers!
• If you'd like to submit a 25 or 40 mins talk, please do so via PyBay's CFP (https://pybay.com/cfp) process.
• If you'd like to submit a 5 mins lightning talk or 10-15 mins short talk, please use this form (https://goo.gl/forms/FtJ45W6bECGnLZQx1).
• If you'd like to sponsor our events, please start here (https://goo.gl/forms/QyYOOxSVFj3zHnaI3).
Organized by a handful of volunteers with the help of some faithful sponsors and your generous donations, we host about 20 events a year:
2 monthly meetups (http://sfpythonmeetup.com/)
- Presentation Night on the 2nd Wednesday of each month features intermediate to advanced level tech talks from Python Software Foundation members, core developers of open-source projects, and local software engineers.
- Project Night on the 3rd Wednesday of most months offers a chill evening to hack on projects, get questions answered, mentor other devs, or attend a tutorial. It's usually held at various companies in SF so you get to sample how different companies are using Python.
PyBay, a yearly regional Python Conference (http://pybay.com/)
PyBay is the local version of PyCon. You can save on travel costs and still have an experience of the conference that serious python developers aspire to attend. PyBay is a 3-day weekend conference in August featuring 40 talks and 400+ attendees.
An annual holiday party (http://bayareapython.com/)
We think you'd agree that if you have been coming to SF Python's events, you have been advancing in your field. So come celebrate the year with us. We will listen to more amazing speakers while enjoying great food and drinks. Who knows, if we continue to get lucky, we will have more amazing entertainers to help us celebrate the year.
Why do we put these events up?
We believe there is power in in-person interactions. We believe in learning, sharing, and helping each other out. And we have seen the results. We have heard stories of people getting their problems solved because of the talks and the people they met at our events. We have witnessed people grow in their career, from receiving their first internship to landing their first speaking gig at conferences. We have even heard companies migrating to a different platform/technologies after attending our conference.
We look forward to your joining this awesome community - be it attending our events, giving a talk (https://goo.gl/forms/jOWUwI2R2ENvzCIr1), being a sponsor or supporting us financially!