Welcome to the Free-Thinkers of Fort Worth Meetup Group!
The goal of this Group is to Meetup for fun dining out experiences and great events. Additional goals of this Group are to meet new people, cultivate friendships, meet other free-thinker/political/atheist groups, and to have a good time doing so. Members are always welcome to bring guests to our Events. However, the dinners are usually attended by 18+.
The geographical area of this Group is Fort Worth. While the majority of our events will take place within this geographic area, we may venture to other locations beyond, but within a reasonable distance.
Being Active in the Group!
There are two ways to stay active in the Group.
1. Participate on the Group site on Meetup.com! How?
- Vote in the Polls
- Post on the Message Boards (This is a good way to get the ball rolling on events.)
- RSVP to Events
- Run an Event
- Fill Out Your Post-Event Survey
2. Attend an Event! An RSVP is required for most events.
Please stay Active on the Group Site within 3 months. Just by logging onto the Site and doing anything listed under #1 above will re-set your activity counter.
Please Attend Events at least once every 6 months. The point is to get out and Meetup with new people!
Please try to attend your first Event or Meetup within 3 months of joining. We really want to Meetup with you and know that going to the first one is always the hardest.
Please RSVP for Events & Meetups!
Why RSVP? This let the Group Organizer, Event Organizer and other Group Members know whether or not to expect you, as well as gauge interest in the event for the future. What do the RSVP?s mean?
- Yes: I plan to be there. You can count on me to attend. I look forward to it.
- Maybe: I am not sure if I can attend but I hope to make it. (Please update your RSVP to Yes or No once you know for sure.)
- No: I am sorry but I am unable to attend this event.
Comments! Please feel free to include Comments in your RSVP such as the following.
- I'd love to attend but have other plans.
- Looking forward to the next event.
- Looking forward to it.
- I need a ride.
- I can give [insert name] a ride.
- Bad day to attend (i.e. gotta work, etc.)
- Not fond of the activity/restaurant/venue
- Too far away
If you do RSVP Yes
for a Meetup, then everyone involved (from the Group Organizers to the Event Organizer to the Group Members to the Venue, if applicable) are expecting you. We all know things come up last minute and plans change. We are all human and can respect that. However, we do ask that if you find you are unable to attend after submitting your Yes RSVP then please log-in to update your RSVP or call or email one of the Event Organizers.
Arriving Late: Late arrivals are welcome, unless otherwise noted. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late please note it in your RSVP Comments and email the Event Organizer.
Last-Minute Cancellations and No-Show Policy!
A Last-Minute Cancellation is when you log-in and change your RSVP after the deadline and up until shortly before the event, regardless of whether you notify the Organizers.
- 1st Last-Minute Cancellation: No problem. We are all human.
- 2nd Last-Minute Cancellation: We may check-in with you via email.
- 3rd Last-Minute Cancellation: We will check-in with you via email and remind you of our Last-Minute Cancellation and No-Show Policy.
- 4th Last-Minute Cancellation: We will email you to check-in and let you know that starting with this Last-Minute Cancellation they will now be counted as No-Shows.
A No-Show is when you do not attend the event even though you RSVPed Yes, regardless of whether you notify the Organizers or Venue.
- 1st No-Show: No problem. We are all human. We may check-in with you via email, especially if we haven't heard from you within 24 hours of the event.
- 2nd No-Show: We will check-in with you via email, especially if we haven't heard from you within 24 hours of the event.
- 3rd No-Show: We will check-in with you via email and reminder you of our No-Show Policy.
- 4th No-Show: You will be removed from the Group, possibly without notice.
Please be respectful of others, including but not limited to space, privacy, and time.
Any Group Member may run an Event or Meetup once they have attended an Event or Meetup. It is recommended you attend twice before running an Event or Meetup on your own. It is feasible (and recommended) that you run an Event or Meetup with another Group Member. Please contact the Group Organizer or one of the Assistant Organizers for help in putting your Event or Meetup together.
Please note, if you have been inactive in the group for over 6 months, you will be removed. This allows the organizers to keep a check on the actual number of active members. You are welcome to re-join at anytime if you were removed as a member.
Most importantly? have FUN Meeting up @ MEETUP!