Are you looking for an ambitious group that meets consistently and support each other become the best version of yourself? Do you enjoy small-group discussions where you can be candid about your life's issues and share them with others and empower others?
Hi, we are JuntoNYC, a discussion group dedicated to peer accountability, goal-setting and action-taking. We talk about everything including meditation, self-help, mental health, productivity tools, social skills, improving our public speaking skills and more. Most importantly, we are committed to helping and pushing each other achieve our ambitious personal goals. We commit to public goals and announce them to the entire group. Research shows that people who verbally commit their goals in front of others are 400% more likely to reach those goals. After every meeting, there's usually time for coffee, networking and food outings.
We commit to SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Bound) goals like physical fitness (i.e. working out 4x a week), talking to 5 strangers/week to help overcome social anxiety, following through on business projects and more.
An ideal member is either in school or employed, able to contribute to discussions in a friendly manner and be non-judgmental. We do not discriminate on race or religion. A majority are young professionals between ages 21 to 40.
Meeting Agenda will be comprised of:
1. Individual Intro ---> New and old members quickly introduce themselves, their problems and goals.
2. Group Round Table --> We go around the table and every member speaks on the "hot seat" and shares obstacles, issues, problems, achievements, and current events in their lives + things they want to improve on in our non-judgmental group environment. Other members are free to ask questions and give their sharpest advice and tips. Also going over last week's goals.
3. Public speaking practice --> Improv talk round table. Every member will get asked a different question and be asked to share a story about their life for 2-3 minutes each.
4. Self-Improvement and Literature Discussion of the Day --> sharing latest self-improvement concepts, best workout programs, practices, books, literature and events.
5. Public commitment to new goals and review of actions since last meeting --> Every member will commit to 2-3 major goals for the upcoming week that will be shared with the entire group.
6. End of meeting. Announcements and sharing social activities we can get involved with together.
7. Coffee & Food for those who are free to mingle afterwards.
Hi, my name is Terry. I am a published author of two books involving self-help and mental health. I graduated from the University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School in 2011 and have since worked 8+ years in the NYC area. My interests include meditation, reading, weightlifting, snowboarding and religion. I've also performed standup comedy at clubs such as GVCC, Broadway Comedy Club, Gotham Comedy Club, Las Vegas World Series of Comedy, and more.